Remote Education and Online Learning
Positive COVID-19 Test
If your child is subject to a period of isolation following a positive COVID-19 test, then schoolwork will be made available by the class teacher to cover the quarantine period. This can be collected from the school office and/or emailed to parents. We are also able to provide a delivery service where families are unable to access resources. Please speak to the school office regarding work for your child when you notify the school of the positive test result.
In the case of a 'Class Closure', the online model for the class closure period (weekdays only) will be as follows:
Links to the Microsoft Teams sessions will be sent to the parent’s email address that has been provided to the school office.
- 9am - 10am – Prayer to start the day – Maths lesson All pupils in the class will be expected to log onto the Microsoft Teams link for their first online lesson of the day. Microphones should be muted and cameras should be off, unless otherwise directed by the class teacher. The lesson will be delivered by the teacher, making use of the ShareScreen function.
- 10am - 10.30am - Comfort Break
- 10.30am - 11.30am – English lesson All pupils in the class will be expected to log onto the Microsoft Teams link for their second online lesson of the day. Microphones should be muted and cameras should be off, unless otherwise directed by the class teacher. The lesson will be delivered by the teacher, making use of the ShareScreen function.
- 11.30am - 12pm The class teacher will outline the afternoon’s directed online task and go through any other arrangements/pass on other key information. ALL WORK COMPLETED DURING THE MORNING SESSIONS CAN BE PHOTOGRAPHED AND SENT TO THE CLASS TEACHER VIA THE MICROSOFT TEAMS EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS WILL BE REVIEWED BY THE CLASS TEACHER DURING THE AFTERNOON SESSION. ALL WORK REQUIRING REVIEW/FEEDBACK SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY 1.30PM THAT DAY. **PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR SUBMITTING WORK ONLY. ALL OTHER CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE SCHOOL/TEACHER SHOULD BE MADE VIA THE SCHOOL OFFICE (PHONE AND/OR EMAIL)**
- 12pm - 1pm - Lunch
- 1pm - 3pm - Directed Task/s Online via Oak Academy Pupils will now be expected to complete directed activities through the Oak Academy site. Where possible, these tasks will have been outlined by the class teacher prior to the lunch break. The class teacher will use this time to review work submitted from the morning activities and/or provide feedback on the work completed during the morning sessions. Teachers will ensure that links to the morning’s sessions are sent in advance of the next school day and will also ensure that Maths and English sessions are prepared for the next working day. These slides and activities will be made available by 8.50am on that working day.
Additionally, we recommend using the online learning activities provided daily by Oak National Academy and the BBC