In September 2020, we asked families to share their Windrush Stories with us. We were overwhelmed by the response and during Black History Month in October 2020, classes around the school were fascinated with the stories that they heard from the family members of pupils at St. Andrew's.
Do you have a family member who came to Britain from the Caribbean as part of the Windrush generation? Is this family member willing to share their experiences with our children? If so, we kindly ask that they document their story by making a short video which we will then use in class and on the school website. Please email your videos to email@example.com
Possible questions to answer:
• Date you travelled?
• Can you remember what you packed for your journey?
• How long did it take you travel here and what was it like?
• What was the first thing that you remember about coming here?
• How did you feel about leaving your family?
• What was your job? What was the weather like?
• Which area did you move to?
• Can you remember your first meal?